China Host Program – Opening homes and hearts in the US to China’s orphans
Latvia winter 2017 hosting applications now open
*CHINA HOST PROGRAM CURRENTLY ON HOLD*
HOST FAMILY REGISTRATION
♥ Individual child profiles coming currently not available – visit China host children profiles ♥
⇒Looking to open your home and hearts winter 2017 –Latvia Host Program matching now under way.⇐
The Mission of the China Host Program:
The China Host Program follows the belief that every child needs and deserves a family. Hosting opens doors for children who may often be overlooked for adoption due to age, gender or need and provides an opportunity to be seen and have a voice advocating on their behalf for the forever family they desire and deserve.
Who are the children?:
First and foremost, they are simply that, children. Children who, like every other child has hopes, dreams, and aspirations.
*To walk to the park while holding hands with host mom and dad. *Learn to ride a bike.
*Have a pet to love and care for. *Have a watch or toy of their own. *Someone to be there when they need them. *Be read a bed time story
* To know there will be enough food when they’re hungry and warmth when they are cold
*To be told and shown they are loved, wanted, needed and worthy.
They have the simplest of desires – to have a family of their own.
The children in the China Host Program are usually:
Host -to-Adopt or Host-to-Advocate:
While many enter the program as Host-to-Adopt families and go on to adopt their host child, there are also families who participate in the program as Host-to-Advocate families. Host-to-Advocate families may be complete in their own forever family but are willing and ready to host in order to give these children a chance at meeting their forever family. No matter what, bringing these children here to the United States is a life-changing experience not only for the children who are hosted, but for the families as well.
Host-to-Adopt: Host families who determine they will move forward to permanently parent their host child will work with agency staff to review and begin the process to bring their child home, forever.
Host-to-Advocate: As a Host-to-Advocate family you will work to share about your host child, from the moment you open your heart to your host child, during their visit and after. Share and shout on behalf of your host child (and ask others to to the same). You serve as their voice to family, friends, community, civic groups, places of worship, social media, news outlets, etc. to help you host child be seen by their forever family.
The children come to participate in the 4-5 week program here in the United States. While here, children in the program spend this time in the homes of their host family. Hosting is offered as one session in the summer months and one session in the winter. For many of the children, this is the first time they’ve had the love, structure, and support that a family provides!
The children fly into multiple international airports in the US, where the host families meet their host child and brings them home to begin their visit. At the conclusion of their trip, the host family and child return to the arrival airport for their return flight to China.
Families from the contiguous US and Hawaii are able to host a child.
Host Participation Requirements:
- Citizenship: One parent must be a U.S. citizen (Married couples and single females welcome to host)
- Age: Generally between 30-60 years old (no younger than 30 years). No more than 50 years difference between youngest parent and host child for married couples. No more than 45 year age difference between parent and child for single host parent.
- Marriage Status: Single women and married couples are generally eligible (1st marriage – married min. of 2 years/2nd or 3rd marriage – married min. of 5 years)
- Criminal History: Applicants with a criminal history of child abuse, violence, or domestic violence, current warrants/currently on probation, DUI/DWI in the last 5 years, any use of/arrests for illegal drugs and felony arrests are not eligible to host
- Health: Host parents must be in good health with no major medical or psychological concerns. BMI under 40, no drug or alcohol dependency, no major surgeries or organ transplants within the past 10 years.
- Religious Beliefs: Families with religious beliefs prohibiting any kind of medical treatment are not eligible to host
- Adoption and Advocacy: Have a strong intention of adoption or established interest in advocating for your host child.
China Hosting Program Donation:
- Application: $250.^
- China Hosting Donation: $3250.*/^
Did you know? – Expenses for each child participant averages between $5000.-$5500. per visit.
Your hosting donation is tax-deductible and considered a donation to a child in need in China. Please note that hosting donations are considered non-refundable per IRS code. Your family will receive a tax-deductible donation letter for donations made toward the hosting program.
Many families reach out to their “village” (family, friends, places of worship, civic group, etc.) to join them in raising the hosting donation to give a child a chance. The spring application period for the China Summer Host Program allows families the opportunity to utilize their tax rebate and Winter Holiday Hosting allows for the use of Christmas/Holiday saving funds to be put the best possible use, to benefit a child in need.
TAX REBATE: Looking for something meaningful and fulfilling to do with your tax rebate? What better way to put this gift of funds to good use. Consider using it to participate in hosting or to donate to/sponsor a child so they can have this life-changing experience.
Ready to Open your Heart and Home:
If you’re ready to start, completion of the following materials for the program will lead you there:
- Hosting Donation
- Background Check
- Home Safety Visit
- Hague Training
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
For the children who participate in hosting (through the Orphan Hosting China Program and the J.O.Y. Mission) it can truly make all the difference in the world for that ONE child to have a voice and open doors for the opportunity to be seen by their family.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
For more information about adoption and hosting from China, please contact me via Contact Adopt(able) Waiting Child
ONE by ONE we can make a difference
ONE family. ONE child. ONE chance.
Be the ONE – Consider Hosting
Want to learn more about the other opportunities available to support hosting? Visit: Host program and orphan support opportunities